The FAN EXPO DALLAS™ team will be getting ready for another record breaking year and want your help!
Whether you have been coming to the show for years or volunteered previously – perhaps you are new to the show or are just a fan of Comics, Sci-Fi, Horror, Anime and/or Gaming. Regardless, we want to hear from you.
2017 Volunteer Application is coming soon!
HOW DO I VOLUNTEER?
- You must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- You must be legally eligible to work in the United States of America.
- You must be available for an interview as well as any orientation meetings that follow your acceptance as a volunteer (approximately 1-2).
- You must be available to work a minimum of one 10-hour day either Friday, Saturday or Sunday during the convention Mar. 31 – Apr.2, 2017.
Please note that although we do receive many out of town requests to volunteer, Fan Expo Dallas is not responsible for travel, parking OR accommodations.
THE FAN EXPO DALLAS VOLUNTEER TEAM IS:
- Expected to act appropriately as they are representatives of FAN EXPO DALLAS.
- Expected to maintain confidentiality with any information received at FAN EXPO DALLAS.
- Not permitted to make any statements or actions that would affect the convention, including statements to the public and/or press.
- Expected to perform their requested duties to the best of their abilities. If for any reason volunteers are unable to do what is asked of them, please inform the Supervisor so that other arrangements can be made.
- Not guaranteed to work in a specific area. Some duties will be specific to either Anime, Science Fiction, Horror, Gaming or Comics, while others will deal with all areas.
HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE TO GIVE?
- A single 10-hour day is requested but you may work more if you’d like!
- Volunteers are free to participate in the activities of the convention before & after their scheduled duties.
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE?
- Volunteers are asked to dress casually and appropriately. No ripped jeans, short shorts or skirts, offensive shirts, etc.
- To be courteous to co-workers and patrons, volunteers will practice clean personal hygiene. Please avoid using excessive amounts of perfumes, colognes and/or hairsprays that may cause a problem for allergy sufferers.
- Volunteers are not permitted to cosplay while working their shift.
- The FAN EXPO DALLAS staff reserves the right to dismiss any Volunteer whom they feel does not adhere to the guidelines set out by Fan Expo Dallas, and/or who fails to satisfactorily complete their duties.
WHAT REWARDS DO I GET?
Our amazing volunteers are the heart of our show. Along with accidentally photo bombing Darth Vader, volunteers will receive:
- A glimpse of the behind-the-scenes workings of FAN EXPO DALLAS while volunteering at the show
- When off duty, you‘ll have full access to FAN EXPO DALLAS exhibits. You can attend panels, participate in games, go to Q&A’s, and purchase photo/autograph sessions
- A discount on FAN EXPO DALLAS Merchandise
- Snacks and refreshments during shifts
- An opportunity to experience invaluable community service
- A chance to be part of the community while having fun
- And last but not least, a commemorative FAN EXPO DALLAS T-Shirt